This article reviews the best extended car warranty companies available in New York and important considerations when looking for a used car warranty in the state.
Best Extended Car Warranty Companies In New York
Below are important specific details for our list of the best extended car warranty companies in New York:
Endurance focuses on helping drivers with cars that have over 100,000 miles. The company stands out for offering exceptional customer service and offering plans that provide comprehensive coverage. Endurance is available in every state except California. Additionally, endurance is a direct provider that enables you to cut out the middle man.
Endurance our pick for the Best Used Car warranty company because the have an unparalleled level of customer service and expansive coverage. Endurance serves every state in the US with the exception of California. Additionally, Endurance has some of the best reviews and and solid benefits in the industry.
Endurance is one of the most prestigious and fastest growing companies in the US. They also sponsor prestigious racing team Andretti Autosport. Endurance extended warranties cover over 200,000+ miles. With Endurance, you have access to 6 plans with levels of coverages that meet various needs.
Endurance holds a place on the 2019 Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing companies, and sponsors Jarett Andretti of Andretti Autosports.
Every Endurace warranty comes with one free year of Endurance elite. Benefits that come with this are:
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- Tire repair
- Key Fob Replacement
- Collision Discounts
- Total Loss Coverage
- Supreme: Bumper to bumper coverage to protects most parts on your vehicle.
- Superior: Comprehensive stated component coverage.
- Secure Plus: Powertrain plus plan that covers braking, steering and electrical systems.
- Secure: The lowest cost plan that focuses on protecting the most essential parts on a vehicle.
- Select Premier: Protects vehicles with the highest mileage.
- Endurance Advantage: Covers a vehicles mechanical breakdowns and maintenance items like the engine and oil changes
Many of the leading used car warranty providers have only been in business for less than a decade. CARCHEX is a reputable extended car warranty provider who has been in business for more than 21 years. The BBB rates CARCHEX at an A+ and the company has numerous positive reviews with the platform. CARCHEX has also partnered with many industry experts like Kelly Blue Book and the Better Business Bureau. We’ve rated CARCHEX was one of the top used car warranty providers, as they provide coverage for vehicles with up to 250,000 miles.
One of the strongest attributes of CARCHEX is their strong customer service, especially regarding the company’s efficient claims process.
CARCHEX works with highly rated administrators like American Auto Shield to offer a variety of plan options. There are five extended warranty plans available with CARCHEX:
- Titanium: Provides bumper to bumper exclusionary coverage similar to a factory car warranty.
- Platinum: The highest level of comprehensive, exclusionary stated component coverage.
- Silver: The CARCHEX Silver plan is designed for vehicles over 60,000 miles and covers all of a vehicle’s major systems.
- Gold: The CARCHEX Gold plan provides enhanced powertrain coverage for all of a vehicles major systems and components.
- Bronze: The CarShield Bronze plan provides basic powertrain protection and is available for most vehicles.
Known for comprehensive coverage and low rates, CarShield is one of the most popular providers in the industry. Along with it’s flexible month to month payment options, CarShield is one of the few providers that offers special coverage for ATV’s, motorcycles, and high tech vehicles. With CarShield, you can get coverage for vehicles with up to 300,000 miles.
All CarShield plans come with rental car reimbursement, roadside assistance, and trip interruption coverage. Below are the plans you can get from CarShield:
- Diamond: Comprehensive bumper to bumper coverage.
- Platinum: An inclusionary plan that providers stated component protection for the air conditioning, engine, electrical system, transmission, and more.
- Gold: The Gold plan offers mid-range powertrain plus coverage for a variety of electrical components.
- Silver: The CarShield Silver plan provides basic powertrain coverage.
- Aluminum: Coverage for cars with high tech electronics. This is a great fit more many newer luxury vehicles.
- Specialty: Provides specialty coverage for motorcycles, ATV’s and other vehicles that it can often be difficult to find coverage for.
An aftermarket auto warranty, also called an extended warranty, can be a great investment for many drivers. But which company offers the best aftermarket car warranty?
Our review team thoroughly researched the best extended car warranty providers throughout the industry, evaluating coverage, affordability, added benefits, customer service and more. In this review, we’ll discuss four of our highest-rated independent providers to help you choose the best aftermarket car warranty for your vehicle.
To start getting quotes from some of the best aftermarket car warranty companies, click below.
What is an Aftermarket Auto Warranty?
After your manufacturer warranty expires, an aftermarket auto warranty foots the bill for car repairs. You’re only responsible for a deductible per repair visit and the cost of the contract. Depending on the provider you choose, vehicle protection plans can be paid for upfront, monthly or rolled into your auto financing plan.
Are Aftermarket Auto Warranties Worth It?
An aftermarket auto warranty can offer car owners the ultimate peace of mind on the road, especially as their vehicles age and factory warranty coverage expires. Typically, the most costly repairs are needed later on in a vehicle’s life. If you don’t have extended warranty coverage, you’ll be stuck paying for repairs out of pocket if your car breaks down.
According to RepairPal, these are some of the most commonly reported problems of popular vehicles and their average repair costs:
|Vehicle||Repair||Average Repair Cost|
|Honda Accord||Ignition switch replacement||$158 to $203|
|Ford Focus||Window regulator replacement||$372 to $462|
|Toyota Corolla||Air conditioning compressor replacement||$576 to $845|
|Chevrolet Silverado||Ignition coil replacement||$978 to $1,289|
|Nissan Altima||Engine oil cooler replacement||$676 to $707|
If you wouldn’t feel comfortable paying these repair bills, an aftermarket auto warranty may be worth considering.
You should also take your existing warranty coverage into account. Most manufacturers offer a 3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty with new vehicles. If you plan on selling your vehicle before the factory warranty expires, there’s little reason to buy an aftermarket auto warranty.
What Does an Aftermarket Car Warranty Cover?
Aftermarket car warranty coverage depends on the type of contract you purchase. Vehicle service contracts can be broken down into three types of coverage:
- Exclusionary coverage: Also called “comprehensive” or “bumper-to-bumper” coverage, this type of plan covers all major mechanical parts and systems, except for a short list of exclusions.
- Stated-component coverage: Each covered part and component is specifically listed in the vehicle service contract.
- Powertrain coverage: The most basic level of protection, this warranty covers a vehicle’s most important systems – the engine, transmission and drivetrain.
The best aftermarket car warranty providers also offer additional mid-tier plans that give drivers more opportunity to meet their individual coverage and cost needs.
What’s Not Included in an Aftermarket Auto Warranty
Exclusions vary from provider to provider, but there are some parts and causes of damage that the majority of providers won’t cover, including:
- Wear-and-tear parts
- Environmental damage
- Collision damage
- Improper maintenance or misuse
- Aftermarket parts or modifications
Frequently Asked Questions
Who has the best auto warranty in New York?
In our reviews for extended car warranties in the State of New York, we found that Endurance offers the best extended car warranty in the state.
The Detroit Bureau collects data from every major car warranty provider to formulate rankings of the best warranty companies. Our in-depth rating system takes into account coverage, pricing, transparency, customer satisfaction and ratings from industry experts. Each provider is given a weighted score in five categories, as well as an overall score out of 10.0.
We recommend auto warranty companies based on these rankings, but we also encourage you to perform your own research and compare quotes to find the best coverage.