Vehicle repairs can be expensive after your factory warranty expires, so you may be considering an Infiniti extended warranty. But what exactly does the contract cover? In this article, we’ll discuss the Infiniti extended warranty in detail, including coverage, cost, exclusions and more. We’ll also explain the pros and cons of purchasing extended coverage.
Some manufacturers offer limited extended warranty plans, Infiniti included. To ensure you buy the plan best suited to your needs, you may want to consider an independent provider. We combed through the warranty industry, determining the best extended car warranty companies based on industry reputation, coverage, affordability, transparency and customer experiences. To get quotes from a few of our top recommended providers, click below.
Is the Infiniti Extended Warranty Worth It?
Infiniti extended warranty coverage is on par with other manufacturer coverage plans. However, you can only purchase one plan from Infiniti, and the maximum term limit is on the shorter side. You’ll need to contact an Infiniti dealer for coverage and cost specifics, then compare the manufacturer-backed warranty with third-party options to decide the best plan for you.
|Infiniti Extended Warranty|
|Levels of Coverage||1|
|Maximum Contract Length||8 years/120,000 miles|
|Price Range||See dealership|
|Added Benefits||Roadside assistance, towing, car rental reimbursement, trip interruption reimbursement, reunite service and full transferability|
|Repair Shop Options||Infiniti dealership|
Is it worth it? The Infiniti extended warranty is worth it if it fits within your budget and coverage needs. However, drivers looking for more choice and flexibility may need to opt for a different provider.
What’s Covered Under an Infiniti Extended Warranty?
Infiniti offers one extended warranty plan called the Elite Protection Program®. The plan covers over 1,650 vehicle components, but Infiniti does not include sample contracts or detailed plan information on its website, so you’ll need to contact a dealer to find out exactly what is covered. The longest coverage term available for an Infiniti vehicle protection plan is 8 years/120,000 miles, whichever comes first.
What’s Not Included Under an Infiniti Extended Warranty?
With so few details about Infiniti’s extended warranty plan available online, you’ll need to call or visit a local Infiniti dealer to find out more about the contract’s exclusions.
Be sure to note that repair work can only be performed at an Infiniti dealership. While this guarantees your car will only be worked on by factory-trained technicians using genuine Infiniti parts, it can also be a hassle if you live far from a dealer. Currently, there are fewer than 100 Infiniti dealerships nationwide.
Additional Perks of an Extended Warranty from Infiniti
Each Elite Protection Program plan comes with the following perks:
- Roadside assistance: Get 24/7 help with emergency services, including battery jump-starts, flat tire changes (with your inflated spare), fuel deliveries and lockout services.
- Courtesy towing: If your vehicle breaks down due to a covered failure, an Infiniti representative will arrange it to be towed to the nearest dealership within 250 miles.
- Car rental reimbursement: Infiniti will reimburse you for alternative transportation up to $50 per day for a maximum of five days if your vehicle is in the shop for a covered repair.
- Trip interruption reimbursement: If you break down more than 100 miles from your home, Infiniti will cover the cost of lodging, meals and alternative transportation.
- Reunite service: If your vehicle is being repaired more than 100 miles from your home, Infiniti will ship it back to you on a flatbed truck if you’ve left the area by the time repairs are completed.
- Transferrable coverage: For a fee, you can transfer your Infiniti extended warranty to a subsequent owner if you decide to sell your vehicle.
How Much Does an Infiniti Extended Warranty Cost?
Infiniti does not offer sample pricing online, so you’ll need to contact a dealership to get a quote for your vehicle.
Several factors influence the price of your Infiniti extended warranty, including your vehicle model, age and mileage. Older, higher-mileage vehicles tend to cost more to cover. Infiniti customers can choose between a $0 or $100 deductible. If you opt for the $0 option, your premium will likely be pricier. The company offers 0% financing for 12, 18 or 24 months, which prevents you from paying the full price upfront.
Do You Need Infiniti Extended Warranty Coverage?
Factory warranties give drivers peace of mind for the first few years of their vehicle’s life, but what happens when the coverage expires? Extended auto warranties can protect you against paying for expensive car repairs for years to come.
When deciding whether to purchase an extended warranty, you’ll need to consider your vehicle’s reliability and average repair costs.
When considering reliability, we turn to RepairPal, a trusted cost-estimation site for vehicle repairs. RepairPal rates Infiniti 3.5 out of 5.0 for reliability, ranking the manufacturer 16th out of 32 car brands surveyed. RepairPal has also determined the average annual repair cost for an Infiniti vehicle is $638, which is neither expensive nor cheap. However, in the 2021 J.D. Power U.S. Vehicle Dependability StudySM, Infiniti scored well below the industry average.
Here are a few average costs for commonly reported Infiniti repairs, according to RepairPal:
|Vehicle Model||Repair||Average Repair Cost|
|Infiniti G35||Air conditioning compressor replacement||$1,129 to $1,289|
|Infiniti M45||Timing chain tensioner replacement||$1,424 to $1,746|
|Infiniti J30||Fuel pump replacement||$492 to $591|
|Infiniti I30||Thermostat replacement||$135 to $158|
What Coverage Do You Have With Infiniti’s Factory Warranty?
The Infiniti factory warranty includes many separate warranties with different term limits, but the most important are the 6-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty and 4-year/60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.
The manufacturer warranty gives Infiniti drivers peace of mind for the first few years of ownership, but compared to other automakers – some offer powertrain protection up to 10 years/100,000 miles – these terms are relatively short.
When you consider that most people keep their cars for well over 150,000 miles, extended coverage for your Infiniti vehicle may be a great investment in the long term.
Should You Consider a Third-Party Extended Warranty?
Even if you find that the Infiniti extended warranty fits your budget, it’s best to consider multiple options. Independent providers’ contacts are often more flexible and budget-friendly.
Benefits of choosing a third-party provider over a manufacturer’s warranty include:
- Coverage limits: With a 120,000-mile term limit, the Infiniti Elite Protection Program is on par with other manufacturer-backed vehicle service contracts. However, it comes up short compared to providers like Endurance and CARCHEX, which cover Infiniti vehicles upward of 200,000 miles.
- Repair facilities: Independent providers allow you to take your vehicle to any repair shop of your choosing instead of an Infiniti dealership.
- Sample contracts: Each of our top-recommended reputable extended car warranty companies offers online sample contracts. This way, you can have a clear understanding of what’s covered before you get a quote.
- Quotes process: Many third-party providers allow you to fill out a simple online form to get a quote. With Infiniti, you’ll need to either call or visit a dealership, and you’ll most likely have to sign your contract in person.
Third-party plans typically cost less as well. This can be attributed to a few factors, including:
- With more plan offerings, coverage is more tailored to fit your needs, so you don’t end up paying for service you don’t want or need.
- Sometimes, dealerships mark up warranty prices to increase their profit margins on each plan.
- Dealerships often include the cost of your warranty in your auto loan. This means you’ll end up paying interest on it.
To get free, no-obligation quotes from our top warranty picks, click below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much should I pay for an extended warranty?
To know what price you should pay for an extended warranty, consider your vehicle repair costs, get quotes from multiple providers and determine whether the cost of repairs would be greater than the cost of the warranty. However, keep in mind that many drivers are willing to pay more for an extended warranty because they appreciate the peace of mind it offers.
What is covered under Infiniti warranty?
Infiniti’s factory warranty includes a 4-year/60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and a 6-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty. After this coverage ends, you have the choice to purchase extended coverage. The Infiniti extended warranty covers 1,600 parts of your vehicle for up to 8 years/120,000 miles.
What does an Endurance extended warranty cover?
Endurance offers six coverage plans, ranging from powertrain protection to exclusionary, bumper-to-bumper contracts. You can read more about Endurance plans in our comprehensive Endurance warranty review.