Since Endurance is one of the most well-known extended car warranty companies in the nation, our experts wanted to conduct an in-depth Endurance warranty review to see how it compares to other top providers. We’ll look at the company’s warranty coverage, costs and claims process with the help of real customer reviews. You can use that information to help you make an informed decision about where to buy your next vehicle service contract.
Coverage available for older vehicles
Claims are covered at more than 350,000 ASE-certified repair shops nationwide
Direct broker of contracts
Tire reimbursements for two tires per year
Rental car reimbursement is low
Waiting period for some plans is twice as long as other warranty providers
Endurance Warranty Review: 9.6 Out Of 10.0
Endurance warranty reviews conducted by our team rate Endurance 9.6 out of 10 and Best Coverage in 2022. Endurance also has competitive rates and great service.
|Overall Rating||9.6 / 10.0|
Bottom Line: Is Endurance Warranty Worth It?
One of the biggest features of Endurance Warranty is their coverage options for older vehicles. Depending on the plan, coverage is available for cars up to 20 years old. Additionally, they place a focus on customer satisfaction with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Endurance Warranty Overview
Endurance Warranty provides a range of vehicle protection plans that provide basic to comprehensive coverage for most cars. Each service contract comes with an Endurance Elite Membership that includes benefits such as tire replacement, key fob replacement, and additional discounts with select Endurance partners.
- Best for: Endurance extended warranties are best for drivers of older vehicles or those looking for a reliable extended warranty company.
- Claims payments: Claims are made directly to the repair shop, so you are only required to pay the deductible. You won’t have to pay up front and wait for reimbursement.
- Cost: Endurance plans are an average cost when compared to other warranty providers, but vary based on individual factors like mileage or age of vehicle. Endurance customers pay a $100 deductible for auto repairs.
- 30-day refund period: You have 30 days after purchasing your contract to review the details and decide whether or not you want to keep it. If you decide you don’t want your Endurance warranty, call their customer service line to cancel for a full refund within 30 days.
- Endurance Elite Membership: This complimentary membership comes with with any service contract from Endurance. It features many useful perks, such as a Tile Locator that attaches to your keys and connects with your phone. This allows you to locate your keys if you misplace them. The membership also boasts key fob and tire replacement and Identity Theft recovery services.
- 24/7 roadside assistance: Roadside assistance is included in the Endurance Elite Membership and can be used once every 72 hours.
- Towing service: Towing within 25 miles are completely covered.
- Customer service: The helpful and friendly customer service is mentioned often in customer reviews. Many reviews explain how a customer service representative was able to fix the customer’s problems by going above and beyond.
- Free quote: Customers can get a free quote on the Endurance website and view a sample contract.
- Transferability: Most contracts can be transferred to a new owner with a $50 fee.
Endurance Warranty Pros And Cons
- Knowledgable customer service representatives who are able to answer questions in detail
- Comprehensive service
- Cancellation process can be a headache
- Initial marketing materials feel excessive
Endurance Warranty Coverage And Plans
Endurance’s Secure plan is the provider’s most affordable and is created to focus solely on covering only the most vital parts and expensive repairs. As the most basic Endurance warranty, the Secure covers the bare minimum of systems and components in the powertrain and is helpful for drivers who want peace of mind in case a major component fails. This plan comes with a disappearing deductible option, which is a deductible that shrinks the longer you go without filing a claim.
Items covered: engine, drive axles and assembly, transmission, transfer units, turbocharger and supercharger, seals and gaskets.
Endurance Secure Plus
This plan provides affordable powertrain plus protection. The Secure Plus plan is well suited for someone who is looking for a bit more than just basic powertrain coverage.
Items Covered: engines, brakes, transmission, air conditioner, steering, and electrical components.
Endurance Select Premier
The Select Premier plan is designed to provide coverage for vital components in vehicles with up to 150,000 miles or are up to 20 years old. Although brakes and suspension are not included, this plan has a relatively comprehensive exclusion list. Select Premier is best for those high mileage vehicles who want solid powertrain protection.
Items covered: cooling systems, air conditioners, drive axles, engine, transfer units, fuel systems, transmissions, heating, electrical components, luxury electrical (mostly power windows) and seals and gaskets.
The Endurance Superior plan is a high-tier stated-component plan that covers most components in a vehicle. This comprehensive inclusionary covers hundreds of parts and, systems.
Items Covered: engine, transmission, drive axle assembly, turbocharger and supercharger, transfer unit, front and rear suspensions steering, electrical component, air conditioning, fuel system, cooling system, and seals and gaskets.
The Supreme plan is an exclusionary plan providing bumper-to-bumper coverage similar to a factory warranty from a dealership. As Endurance’s most comprehensive plan, this warranty covers every part on your vehicle except those specifically listed. Excluded parts include the safety restraint system, glass, LED lights, light bulbs, battery, high tech items (can purchased as add-on), and cosmetic parts. If you want an industry standard bumper to bumper warranty, we recommend Endurance Supreme, as it has exclusionary coverage that mimics a factory car warranty. This Endurance bumper-to-bumper warranty is one of the top plans on the market.
Items Covered: air conditioners, cooling systems, transfer unites, drive axles, electrical components, fuel systems, gaskets, transmissions, brakes, engines, front and rear suspensions, and everything else not specifically excluded.
Endurance Supreme Warranty Cost: Based on the quotes we’ve received, you can expect to pay between $80 and $170 per month for a Supreme plan. Supreme plans under $100 typically come with 36 month payments.
Endurance Warranty Plans
Let’s take a closer look at some of the major components and systems included in the first five Endurance protection plans. Here’s what each Endurance warranty plan covers:
|Component||Select Premier||Secure||Secure Plus||Superior||Supreme|
Endurance Warranty Roadside Assistance
All Endurance car warranty plans come with roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption reimbursement, each benefit of which is described in more detail below:
- 24/7 roadside assistance: battery jumps, towing service, fuel/parts delivery, flat tire changes, lockout services, and more
- Substitute transportation: rental car reimbursement or coverage for alternate public transportation while your car is being repaired.
- Trip interruption: food and lodging reimbursements if your car breaks down over 100 miles from home.
Endurance Advantage Program
All advantage plans include:
- Manufacturer’s Recommended Service Intervals: Three intervals total; $25 max toward first service visit, $45 max for second visit; $65 for third visit.
- Yearly Services: $45 max for computer diagnostic exam, $25 max for alignment check, $25 max for State safety inspection; One-year limit for each service.
- Yearly Tire Rotation: $35 max for annual tire rotation and pressure check.
- Yearly Oil and Filter Changes: $50 per oil and filter change, max 3 per year.
- Brake Pads/Shoes: $140 toward replacing brake pads and/or shoes when they deteriorate beyond OEM tolerance levels. Max 1 usage per length of warranty contract.
- Cooling System Maintenance (and lubrication): $55 max for cooling system maintenance and lubrication services, including a drain/refill, pressure check, belt inspection, clamps, hoses, and lubrication chassis.
- Battery: $100 max toward replacing a failed battery that’s deteriorated beyond OEM tolerance levels. Limited to 1 use per contract.
- Wiper Blades: $20 max to replace one set front windshield wiper set that has deteriorated beyond OEM tolerance levels. Limited to 1 use per contract.
How Much Does An Endurance Extended Warranty Cost?
The list below contains important cost information for Endurance extended auto warranties:
- Endurance Monthly Cost: Endurance warranty monthly payments start as low as $30 per month for the most basic plans and can be as high as around $170 or more per month. Down payments range from about $150 to $395 or more.
- Endurance Warranty Annual Cost: Endurance warranties cost between $350 and $700 annually, depending on your plan type, length of coverage, and vehicle. This annual cost is low compared to the average yearly cost of car maintenance.
- Average Endurance Warranty Cost: The the average cost of an Endurance auto warranty is between $70 and $130 per month. You can expect to pay about $100-$150 per month with a $200 down payment unless you own a luxury vehicle. While some providers have lower average costs, it’s hard to beat Endurance’s prices considering the quality coverage.
- Endurance Warranty Deductible: Endurance offers deductible options of $200, $100, $50, and $0. Generally, lower deductible plans have higher premiums. Endurance doesn’t often advertise $0 deductibles, meaning a zero deductible contract may be difficult to get without haggling.
Endurance Auto Warranty Prices
When we reached out for quotes from Endurance, we were quoted $77.35 for 36 months for a 5-year/100,000-mile bumper-to-bumper extended warranty and $95.18 for 36 months for a 5-year/50,000-mile powertrain plus plan. Endurance extended warranty costs are affordable for most drivers.
Endurance Customer Service
When you file a claim, your biggest concern will be knowing its status. Transparency is less of a concern for Endurance customers, as it long held an industry-leading reputation for customer service.
Endurance Warranty Customer Reviews
All-in-all, Endurance has received solid customer reviews. At the time of this writing Endurance holds a 4.4 star and “Excellent” rating based on 3,295 customer reviews on Trustpilot. Additionally, Endurance holds a respectable rating of just under 3.1 out of 5.0 stars from Better Business Bureau, which is a high rating in this industry.
Endurance has long been one of the most reputable providers. The company was on the 2019 Inc 5000 list for being one of the fastest-growing American companies. Endurance also holds a gold-level certification from the vehicle protection association. In recent years, Endurance has also won several Stevie Awards, for being a top employer. Endurance is also sponsored by racing team Andretti Autosport.
Endurance Warranty Reviews BBB
While Endurance has an overwhelmingly positive reputation with customers, it holds a C rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). This score is the result questionable marketing practices where Endurance distributed mailers in Chicago that were misleading and confused customers. The company has since refrained from these practices.
Endurance Reviews And Complaints
If you’re considering a provider, it’s important to understand how their customers feel. While the thousands of reviews online are too many to read, they fall into a few categories, which we’ll describe below:
Positive Endurance Customer Reviews
There are thousands of positive reviews about Endurance’s customer service representatives during it’s smooth purchase and claims processes. Positive Endurance warranty reviews mention the ease of contacting the company:
Endurance was really helpful with support and reachable always when needed. Recently filed a claim for my repair and Endurance paid $3,000 without any question and made all the talk with the workshop for the paperwork. Would recommend it to everyone.Ramalinga R. via BBB
Endurance Auto Warranty Complaints
In the past three years, Endurance has received more than 1,080 BBB complaints, which isn’t abnormal for a large company. Many complaints are from customers being denied for parts they thought were covered. Misunderstandings can be avoided if you read the contract before signing and ask any lingering questions during the 30-day cancellation period.
I paid $3,000 for coverage, and when I [needed] my sunroof repaired, they denied and said because I installed shocks that aren’t original, all the vehicle is voided.Mike M. via BBB
Endurance Warranty Review
We rated Endurance warranty services 9.6 out of 10 with the distinction of Best Coverage. In addition, Endurance offers a wide variety of comprehensive coverage options at affordable prices. After reviewing and ranked every major extended car warranty provider, we determined that Endurance has comprehensive coverage, competitive rates, and excellent customer service. Below are our takes on Endurance’s coverage, cost, and claims process:
- Endurance Coverage Reviews: Along with Endurance’s overall ratings and customer experience on the site and with representatives, we recommend Endurance because of the quality of the warranties themselves. One of the biggest features of Endurance is its coverage options for older vehicles. Depending on the plan, coverage is available for cars up to 20 years old.
- Endurance Cost Reviews: While Endurance’s prices are average, Endurance has competitive rates when you consider the comprehensive level of coverage you receive. As far as costs and billing are concerned, Endurance’s interest free payments further offsets price discrepancies compared to competitors.
- Endurance Warranty Claims Reviews: Endurance’s professional customer service and smooth, pain free claims processes are why their online reviews are overwhelmingly positive.There’s nothing worse than jumping through hoops and digging through unclear contracts. With a direct provider like Endurance, not having to cut through red tape when trying to get back on the road adds value to your coverage. Endurance’s ability to cover claims in repair shops across the country makes it convenient, even when you are a long way from home, as it shouldn’t be difficult to find a repair facility quickly no matter where you are.
- Endurance Elite Benefits Reviews: The short duration of Endurance’s added benefit package is disappointing, as Endurance Elite Benefits is only free for the first year. In comparison, competitors provide similar benefits the entire term.
- Endurance Advantage Reviews: Maintenance items covered in the Advantage plans might not be worth it. A battery alone costs more than the credit you’re allowed to use once. The oil change credit you’re allowed 3 times/year is easily surpassed if you use synthetic oil or drive an oil-consuming truck.
Is Endurance Warranty Legit?
While Endurance is the top-rated provider, no company is perfect. For example, Endurance doesn’t advertise zero deductible policies, which are commonly offered by competitors. Endurance fall short compared to other providers is with its benefits offerings. For example, Endurance doesn’t list rental coverage as part of their services, which is also commonly offered by competitors.
Is Endurance Warranty Worth It?
We consider Endurance a great option and recommend them to those seeking reliable and comprehensive coverage. If you’re looking for a contract backed by years in the industry to provide you peace of mind in the event of a mechanical breakdown, consider Endurance. We believe Endurance is a great option for people who seek a transparent claims process and straightforward customer service. Endurance is especially appealing for people with older cars since the company offers coverage for vehicles up to 20 years old.
Other Extended Warranty Companies To Consider
Although Endurance is our top choice for an extended warranty, it’s good to shop around and compare quotes. Any time you shop for new coverage, we recommend getting at least three quotes so you can compare plans and costs.
While Endurance is our top provider, it can fall short in some areas. Because another provider could better fit your needs, you should get quotes from at least three companies to compare costs and coverages. After analyzing every provider’s coverage, affordability, customer service, and benefits, we recommend comparing your Endurance quote with CarShield and CARCHEX:
*Though not mentioned here, we’ve also rated Protect My Car as one of the best providers in the industry.
Based in Baltimore, Maryland, CARCHEX has been in business for 22 years and is one of the only providers with coverage in every state. CARCHEX’s 5 plans all include trip interruption and lockout service, fuel delivery, and 24/7 roadside assistance. The company’s coverage extends up to 10 years/100,000 miles with competitive rates that are impressive considering it’s offerings.
CARCHEX has an unparalleled reputation and is the only provider accredited with the BBB with an A+ rating. The company has endorsements from industry leaders including Edmunds.com, CARFAX, and Kelly Blue Book and has been inducted into the inc. 5000 hall of fame after making its list eight times. We’ve rated CARCHEX as the Best For Used Cars and Best Customer Service.
Endurance Vs. CARCHEX
The answer to this question depends on your needs. Consider these factors:
- Endurance has a higher overall rating.
- Endurance scores better for coverage.
- CARCHEX scores better for customer service and used warranties.
For more information about this company, check out our CARCHEX review.
Founded 16 years ago, CarShield has covered 1 million vehicles and paid over 1 billion in claims. CarShield’s plans are the most affordable on the market, with unlimited coverage terms and options for traditional financing. CarShield offers 6 coverage levels, including specialty ATV and motorcycle plans.
Of all providers, CarShield is the most popular. The company is endorsed by celebrities including actor Ernie Hudson of Ghostbusters, Sportscaster Steve Berman, and actress Adrienne Janic of TLC’s Overhaulin‘. Because of the company’s flexible monthly payments, we’ve rated CarShield the best value car warranty.
Endurance vs CarShield
This depends on your needs. Consider:
- Endurance is rated higher overall.
- CarShield is more affordable with more flexible payments.
- Endurance has better coverage and service.
For more on CarShield, read our CarShied review.
Overall, we highly recommend Endurance Extended Auto Warranties because the company has a wide range of service offerings, an expansive selection of exclusionary plans, great customer service, and more.
FAQ: Endurance Warranty
Is an Endurance warranty legit?
After reviewing the industry’s top extended warranty companies in areas such as reputation, coverage and price, we believe Endurance is the best choice. Overall, we give Endurance 9.6 out of 10.0 stars and recommend an Endurance warranty for comprehensive coverage and low monthly payments.
How does an Endurance warranty work?
Endurance warranty services can protect your vehicle from unexpected, expensive repairs after your factory warranty expires. With an extended warranty from Endurance, you pay a small monthly fee for coverage and only a deductible when covered repairs are needed. Endurance takes care of the rest.
Does an Endurance car warranty actually cover everything?
If you opt for the Supreme plan, you’ll get comprehensive bumper-to-bumper coverage that’s most similar to a factory warranty.
How much does Endurance cost per month?
Based on our research, Endurance warranties generally cost between $80 and $170 per month.
The Detroit Bureau collects data from every major car warranty provider to formulate rankings of the best warranty companies. Our in-depth rating system takes into account coverage, pricing, transparency, customer satisfaction and ratings from industry experts. Each provider is given a weighted score in five categories, as well as an overall score out of 10.0.
We recommend auto warranty companies based on these rankings, but we also encourage you to perform your own research and compare quotes to find the best coverage.