An extended auto warranty can be a smart investment to avoid paying for costly repairs after your vehicle’s factory warranty expires. Concord Auto Protect offers customers three basic coverage plans with few frills. But is the provider the best option for your vehicle?
In this article, we’ll take an in-depth look at Concord Auto Protect plans, cost, customer reviews and more. We’ll also compare the company to some of the best extended car warranty companies on the market. To start getting free quotes from our top-recommended providers, click below.
Is a Concord Auto Protect Extended Warranty Worth It?
Concord Auto Protect is an extended warranty company based in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. It’s been in business since 2014 and currently offers three levels of vehicle protection. Concord Auto Protect works with customers directly, removing any middlemen when it comes time to file a claim. The provider also holds high customer ratings on Trustpilot and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Here’s how our review team rated Concord Auto Protect:
|Overall Rating||7.0 out of 10.0|
|Industry Reputation||7.0 out of 10.0|
|Coverage||7.0 out of 10.0|
|Warranty Cost||8.0 out of 10.0|
|Customer Experience||7.0 out of 10.0|
Is it worth it? A Concord Auto Protect extended warranty may be worth it for budget-conscious drivers. The provider offers low-cost contracts, but some of its business practices concerned our review team.
Concord Auto Protect Extended Warranty Coverage
Concord Auto Protect offers three tiers of extended coverage for your vehicle: Concord Premium, Concord Advanced and Concord Powertrain. The company has a sample contract on its website that lists specific parts covered under each plan. These are the main systems and components protected by each vehicle service contract:
|Four-Wheel Drive/All-Wheel Drive||✓||✓|
|Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)||✓|
|Front and Rear Suspension||✓|
If you’re unsatisfied with your coverage, Concord Auto Protect offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. After 30 days, you can still cancel your contract, but you’ll only receive a prorated refund minus a $25 fee. Contracts are also fully transferable.
Concord Auto Protect Warranty Exclusions
Although it’s fairly comprehensive, Concord Auto Protect’s Premium option is not a bumper-to-bumper coverage plan. Even with Concord Auto Protect’s highest coverage level, many parts of your vehicle won’t be covered under warranty.
Additionally, Concord Auto Protect plans will not cover:
- Routine maintenance, like oil changes
- Wear-and-tear parts, like brake pads, filters and windshield wipers
- Tires and wheels
- Cosmetic damage
- Damage caused by a collision, vandalism or acts of nature
These exclusions are standard among warranty providers.
All Concord Auto Protect plans come with a number of added benefits, including:
- Roadside assistance: If you need services such as towing, lockout assistance, jump-starts, fuel deliveries or flat tire changes, you can call a roadside assistance company, and Concord Auto Protect will reimburse you for the service.
- Rental car reimbursement: If your vehicle is being repaired and you need alternative transportation, Concord Auto Protect offers reimbursement for rentals up to $75 per day for four days.
- Trip interruption reimbursement: If you break down more than 100 miles from home, Concord Auto Protect will reimburse you for food and lodging up to $50 per day for a maximum of three days.
Cost of a Concord Auto Protect Extended Warranty
Customers reported that Concord Auto Protect’s Premium coverage for 5 years/75,000 miles cost a total of $1,700 for both a late-2010s sedan with 30,000 miles and a mid-2010s SUV with 45,000 miles.
The Powertrain plan was only a little less expensive. A contract lasting 5 years/75,000 miles for an early-2010s SUV with just under 90,000 miles cost $1,500. The same plan and terms for a sedan with a comparable age and mileage cost a little over $1,650.
Based on industry-wide quotes we’ve received, extended warranties typically cost between $1,700 and $4,000 for three to seven years of average. Compared to these figures, Concord Auto Protect plans are very affordable. However, Concord often requires upfront payments for the entire cost of the plan rather than breaking the amount into small, monthly payments like other top providers.
When determining the price of your extended warranty, providers look several factors, including:
- Location: Sometimes, warranty costs vary based on what part of the country you’re in.
- Vehicle make and model: Luxury makes and higher-priced models will cost more to protect, as their components are usually more expensive.
- Vehicle age and mileage: Older, higher-mileage vehicles are more likely to break down, so they’re more expensive to protect.
- Coverage type: Plans that cover more vehicle components will come with higher price tags.
- Coverage length: Longer-lasting contracts tend to cost more.
- Your deductible: If you opt for a lower deductible, you’ll usually receive a higher premium. On the other hand, a higher-deductible plan will cost less initially but more when you get repairs.
How to Get a Quote and File a Claim
To get a Concord Auto Protect quote, you can fill out an online form or call 888-399-2811. You’ll want to have your vehicle make, mileage and vehicle identification number (VIN) handy.
Filing a Claim with Concord Auto Protect
As a direct coverage provider, Concord Auto Protect handles all claims and coverage plans. Contract holders work with the same team of customer representatives when getting a quote and filing a claim.
In the event of a mechanical breakdown, Concord Auto Protect allows any facility certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE®) to perform repairs. If your mechanic needs to perform a diagnosis to identify the cause of your breakdown, you’ll have to pay for the diagnosis out of pocket, even if your warranty covers the repair.
After the issues are diagnosed, Concord Auto Protect will need to authorize the repair before any mechanical work begins. Once your vehicle is fixed, the cost of covered repairs will be paid directly to the repair facility.
It’s important to note that an insurance company does not back Concord Auto Protect plans, meaning that if the company shuts down for whatever reason, customers will not get their money back.
Concord Auto Protect Extended Warranty Reviews
Concord Auto Protect holds many positive ratings from multiple review sources. On Google, it holds a 4.8-star rating with over 500 reviews, and on Trustpilot, almost 300 consumers have weighed in to give Concord Auto Protect a 4.8-star rating.
The company is not accredited by the BBB, which isn’t uncommon given that accreditation can cost upwards of $10,000. However, Concord Auto Protect does hold a B+ rating and a 4.64 out of 5-star customer review score.
We noticed some reviews on the company’s BBB page are replicated with different reviewer names, which is slightly concerning. One reviewer also claimed the company offered him up to $500 to take down a negative comment. As with any online customer reviews, it’s best to take these with a grain of salt.
Positive Concord Auto Protect Reviews
“I got the extended auto warranty on my Ford F-150. I was very pleased with the way they took care of everything when I had to bring in my truck to the shop for an engine light that came on. They also got me a lower deductible when I set up the warranty thanks to a veteran’s promotion.”
– Nick S. via BBB
“I love Concord Auto Protect. Our family has been a customer for four years so far. Everything is always flawless with them, and the customer service [representatives] really [do] go out of their way. I’m very happy with them, and [the] pricing is good as well.”
– Oliver S. via BBB
Negative Concord Auto Protect Reviews
“The first time I needed to use [my warranty], I was denied because the cost of the repair was double what I spent on the plan. Concord Auto Protect found it easier to reimburse me my money than actually pay for the repair.”
– Kenneth P. via BBB
“This company will do everything to not make a payout to customers. In my case, they created a non-factual scenario that fit their case for non-coverage. They claimed the mechanic made assertions that he did not actually make, then they denied the claim without even looking at the vehicle.”
– Anonymous via BBB
Our Verdict on Concord Auto Protect: 7.0 / 10.0
Despite its high ratings, Concord Auto Protect’s limited coverage plan options, odd customer review patterns and lack of insurance-backing raise some red flags. We rated the company 7.0 out of 10.0 points, but it may be best to get quotes from other warranty providers as well.
We recommend considering one of the most reputable extended car warranty companies on the market.
Our Picks for Best Extended Car Warranties
Our review team researched every major extended warranty company and identified the top providers based on coverage, cost, customer reviews and more. We named Endurance and CARCHEX our top picks.
Endurance: Best Provider
Endurance is our No. 1 pick for extended warranty coverage. Here are a few reasons why this company rose to the top in our industry-wide review:
- Direct service provider: Endurance handles all claims and payments directly instead of administering another company’s plans.
- Added benefits: With all Endurance contracts, you receive a free year of Endurance Elite, the company’s perks program that includes roadside assistance, identity theft coverage, discounts and vouchers for certain retailers, repair financing, key fob replacements, and tire replacements.
- Sample contracts: Endurance offers sample contracts for each of its six plans online, so you’ll know what’s included before you reach out for a quote.
- Long-lasting coverage: Endurance plans can last up to 8 years/200,000 miles.
Read more about this provider in our comprehensive Endurance warranty review, and click below to receive a free quote.
CARCHEX: Best for High-Mileage Cars
We named CARCHEX the Best for High-Mileage Cars, as the company offers some of the longest-lasting coverage in the industry. CARCHEX’s highlights include:
- Long-lasting coverage: CARCHEX can protect your vehicle up to 10 years/250,000 miles.
- Reputable partners: CARCHEX holds partnerships with industry leaders like Kelley Blue Book, CARFAX, RepairPal and Edmunds.com.
- Positive reviews: Thousands of CARCHEX customers have reviewed the company online, noting its high-quality customer service, wide range of plan options and easy claims process. CARCHEX also holds an A+ rating with the BBB.
- More repair shop choice: The provider works with over 30,000 repair shops nationwide.
Learn more in our complete CARCHEX review. You can also click below to get a free, personalized quote from the provider.
The Detroit Bureau collects data from every major car warranty provider to formulate rankings of the best warranty companies. Our in-depth rating system takes into account coverage, pricing, transparency, customer satisfaction and ratings from industry experts. Each provider is given a weighted score in five categories, as well as an overall score out of 10.0.
We recommend auto warranty companies based on these rankings, but we also encourage you to perform your own research and compare quotes to find the best coverage.