A Chrysler extended warranty adds on to the 3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty that protects new Chryslers from factory defects. The manufacturer offers additional protection up to a total of 8 years/150,000 miles of coverage. In this article, our review team examines Chrysler’s extended warranty plans and compares it against other leading warranty providers.
If you’re looking for an extended warranty plan for your Chrysler vehicle, we recommend you consider the following third-party options as well. At minimum you should get a quote or two to compare the customized price and plan with the dealer’s offer. We’ve reviewed the best extended car warranty companies, and the providers above were some of our top picks. Receive fast and easy personalized quotes by clicking the buttons above.
Chrysler Extended Warranty Overview
Your Chrysler is protected from mechanical breakdowns with the Chrysler extended warranty, which lasts for up to 8 years or 150,000 miles. Chrysler offers two different extended warranty plans through Mopar®, the parts, service and customer care division for all Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) brands.
While Chrysler’s factory warranty is helpful for new car owners, many Chrysler owners seek additional coverage before their factory warranty expires. Chrysler manufactures some of the nicest vehicles on the road such as the Chrysler 300, but J.D. Power’s 2020 Dependability Study ranks the company’s vehicles below average in terms of reliability.
|Chrysler Extended Warranty||Coverage Terms|
|Mopar Maximum Care||up to 8 years/125,000 miles|
|Mopar Added Care Plus||5 years/60,000 miles to 8 years/150,000 miles|
Chrysler Extended Warranty Plans
Chrysler owners who love their vehicles are smart to consider purchasing an extended car warranty to protect them in case of any needed costly repairs. The two Chrysler extended warranty plans offered are:
- Mopar Added Care Plus: Covers over 800 major components, including the powertrain, mechanical systems and more. This plan allows you to choose your coverage period, adding somewhere between 5 years/60,000 miles of coverage to a maximum of 8 years/150,000 total miles.
- Mopar Maximum Care: Covers 5,000 components for up to 8 years/150,000 total miles. This plan is very comprehensive, covering almost everything in your vehicle. A few exceptions are your tires, brakes, wiper blades and catalytic converter(s).
Chrysler’s extended warranty plans also come with these features:
- Roadside assistance: Up to $100 per occurrence
- Choose your deductible: The company allows you to choose a deductible of $0, $100, or $200. The higher your deductible, the lower your monthly payments and vice versa.
- Key fob replacement: Up to three incidents and $600 total
- Rental car allowance: $35 per day
- Trip interruption protection: $1,000 for lodging and meals if a part of your vehicle fails that is under warranty and you are at least 100 miles from home.
Chrysler Extended Warranty Cost
The cost of a Chrysler extended warranty depends on several factors, including the mileage, age and model of your vehicle. For example, an extended warranty for a new Chrysler 300 will cost much less than an extended warranty for an old Chrysler with over 90,000 miles.
The cost of a Chrysler extended warranty also depends on whether it is purchased through a Chrysler dealership or through a third-party provider. Typically, extended warranty plans purchased at the dealership range between $1,500 to $2,500 depending on the model, warranty coverage length and deductible.
Chrysler Factory Warranty
Every new Chrysler comes with a factory warranty called the Chrysler Basic Limited Warranty that covers the vehicle for a specified number of years and miles. If your factory warranty is still valid, you may not want to purchase Chrysler extended warranty coverage yet.
Chrysler’s Basic Limited Warranty contains the following individual warranties:
- Basic coverage: 3 years/36,000 miles
- Powertrain coverage: 5 years/60,000 miles (engine, drive system, transmission)
- High voltage battery pack (for the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid): 10 years/100,000 miles and 10 years/150,00 miles in California and other zero emission vehicle regulation states
- Roadside assistance: 5 years/100,000 miles
- Emissions warranty: 2 years/24,000 miles. However, the powertrain control module and catalytic converter(s) are covered for 8 years/80,000 miles.
- Other items: 12 months/12,000 miles. These include brakes, lightbulbs, clutch discs or modular clutch assembly, wheel alignment and wheel balancing, windshield and rear window and wiper blades.
Dealership Vs. Third-Party Extended Warranties
An extended warranty purchased from Chrysler will generally cost more than an extended warranty from a reputable third-party provider due to Chrysler’s greater brand recognition. An advantage of purchasing an extended warranty directly from Chrysler is that you will get Chrysler replacement parts whenever a repair is needed.
While Chrysler’s plans are compelling, we think that reputable extended car warranty companies such as CARCHEX and Endurance offer more affordable plans with better coverage than Chrysler. CARCHEX and Endurance beat Chrysler on four extended warranty comparison categories:
- Maximum length of coverage
- Number of coverage plans
- Repair network
|Provider||Maximum Length of Coverage||Number of Coverage Plans||Repair Network||How to Get a Quote|
|Chrysler||8 years/150,000 miles||2||Only Chrysler dealerships||Have to call dealership for quote|
|CARCHEX||10 years/150,000 miles||5||Any licensed repair facility||Free, customized quote online|
|Endurance||8 years/200,000+ miles||6||ASE-Certified® repair facilities||Free, customized quote online|
Final Thoughts on the Chrysler Extended Warranty
The Chrysler extended warranty is a good option to protect your vehicle for years to come. Anytime you shop for coverage, we also encourage you to take a look at plans from third-party providers. Endurance and CARCHEX top our list of extended warranty companies based on company reputation, coverage, price, customer service and transparency. Read more about our picks below.
Endurance: Best Provider
Endurance was named Best Provider by our review team for the following qualities:
- Excellent customer ratings: Endurance holds a “Great” rating based on its 531 Trustpilot customer reviews. It also received a 3.5 star customer review rating based on 931 BBB customer reviews. Both of these averages are high compared to other extended warranty providers we reviewed.
- Direct service model: Endurance handles the entire warranty process itself for most of its plans without using any third-party administrators.
- 2019 company awards: Inc. magazine ranked Endurance as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. in 2019, and the company also received a 2019 Stevie Award as a “Great Employer” for its impressive employee benefits.
CARCHEX: Best for High-Mileage Cars
CARCHEX was named Best for High-Mileage Cars by our research team for the following qualities:
- A+ Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating: CARCHEX demonstrates leadership in business integrity with its high BBB rating.
- Notable industry partnerships: CARCHEX partners with many significant organizations in the automotive industry, including Kelley Blue Book, CARFAX and Edmunds.com.
- National media recognition: CARCHEX has been featured by national media outlets such as ABC, Fox News, CBS, NBC and PBS as an industry expert in consumer automotive protection.
Struggling to decide between CARCHEX and Endurance? Read our CARCHEX Vs. Endurance article to help you make an informed decision while shopping for a Chrysler extended warranty.
The Detroit Bureau collects data from every major car warranty provider to formulate rankings of the best warranty companies. Our in-depth rating system takes into account coverage, pricing, transparency, customer satisfaction and ratings from industry experts. Each provider is given a weighted score in five categories, as well as an overall score out of 10.0.
We recommend auto warranty companies based on these rankings, but we also encourage you to perform your own research and compare quotes to find the best coverage.