Is an AA extended car warranty worth it? This review has all the details about Advanced Auto Protection, including AA used warranty cost, features, and more.
The Detroit Bureau brings our auto knowledge and car care recommendations to those interested in protecting and maintaining new or used vehicles. AA Auto Protection experts have more than 15 years of industry expertise. Their comprehensive extended coverage is customizable and renewable.
AA Auto Protection is an affordable extended auto warranty agency that focuses on high-quality coverage. With more than 15 contracts available, AA Auto Protections offers a variety of service
Flexible payment options
High levels of coverage
Mechanical breakdown insurance available in California
Contracts are lengthy and should be reviewed carefully
Not all cars are covered and mileage maximum is fairly low
Caps on towing and rental benefits
AA Auto Protection Reviews
Extended coverage plans include built-in benefits such as 24-hour roadside assistance, as well as add-on options. However, prior approval must be sought to receive full benefits.
- Wear and tear covered: Additional coverage is available on normal maintenance parts. Not all manufacturer’s warranties cover normal wear and tear. This covers your manual clutches, brake pads, rotors, and more.
- Money-back guarantee: Within 30 days of signing your contract, you can cancel your plan with AA Auto Protection.
- Roadside assistance: Plans include 24/7 roadside coverage. Some plans include rental reimbursement and towing benefits, but the maximum is fairly low and capped based on number of occurrences over the term of the plan.
- Live customer service: Customer care is available 24/7 for all car needs. When you breakdown on the side of the road, you can get your questions answered right away.
- Payment plans: Monthly payment options are available for up to 24 months. All major credit cards are accepted.
- Quick quotes: Getting a price estimate is fast, easy, and free. Look up your car model and year and find out what extended warranty coverage is available. No credit checks are required and no fees are included.
- Nationwide service: Coverage is available across the country.
- Service contract specials: AA Auto Protection offers deals on their site, making plans more affordable.
- Insurance-backed administrators: AA Auto Protection administration and plans are backed by A.M. Best insurance companies. Rated A for excellent.
AA Auto Extended Warranty
Over 15 plans across five levels of coverage are available. Contracts vary based on your plan, so read the details before signing. These six bumper-to-bumper options offer the most extensive coverage. Benefits include everything from emergency towing and road service to reimbursement on roadside support costs with a maximum of $50 per service. Nearly all components are covered.
- Premium Stated Component Coverage Plans: Choose from five plan options that offer great value at a great price. These are the best choice for cars that don’t qualify for full coverage.
- State Component Coverage Plans: Seven plan options are available. The NASC Gold Coverage Plan covers the basics, such as gasoline/diesel engine, transmission, and steering, with personal protection benefits of towing, rental car, locksmith service, dead battery, and trip interruption. Royal Protect Preferred Plan protects the top 12 component groups, as well as optional coverage on seals, gaskets, and technology components such as navigation systems and parking sensors.
- Premium Powertrain Plus Coverage Plans All three plans include powertrain coverage. These are best for cars with higher mileages. Vehicles up to 80,000 miles are covered under the NASC Silver Plan.
- Premium Powertrain Coverage Plans: These three plans focus on powertrain components. Although the plans come with just the basics, you can add on coverage. With the Royal Protect Primary Power Coverage Plan, for instance, you can add steering, engine, air conditioner, and seals and gaskets to the plan. Rental benefits are also included.
- Wear and Tear Coverage Breakdowns or damage not covered in your policy may be covered under this additional coverage.
Conclusion: AA Car Warranty Reviews Quick Facts
- Company Name: AA Auto Protection
- Year Founded: 2002
- Headquartered in: Wilmington, Delaware
- BBB Accredited: No
- Partnerships/Endorsements: Allegiance Administrators, Royal
The Detroit Bureau collects data from every major car warranty provider to formulate rankings of the best warranty companies. Our in-depth rating system takes into account coverage, pricing, transparency, customer satisfaction and ratings from industry experts. Each provider is given a weighted score in five categories, as well as an overall score out of 10.0.
We recommend auto warranty companies based on these rankings, but we also encourage you to perform your own research and compare quotes to find the best coverage.