Is an extended car warranty worth the price? It can be with auto warranty deals from top providers on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. To help you find some can’t-miss discounts, our team has researched what the best extended car warranty providers in the automotive industry have to offer.
Below, we’ll look at three top-rated car warranty companies serving up savings on Thanksgiving weekend and beyond. Then, we’ll provide an overview of extended warranties and whether we believe they’re worth the investment.
Where to Shop for Car Warranties on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
From discount codes and mark-downs to overall cheap auto warranty plans, these are the vehicle service contracts worth considering during your holiday shopping.
In our review of the industry’s top auto warranty companies, we recognized Endurance as the Best Provider in 2021. With plans available in every state except California, Endurance offers several coverage levels and service contracts that protect everything from the turbocharger to the air conditioning. You can also purchase several add-on options at a relatively low cost.
As for holiday deals, Endurance is offering $485 off any plan purchased on Cyber Monday. Here’s a quick overview of the six plans covered under the Black Friday sales event:
- Supreme: Exclusionary coverage, which covers almost every component between your front and rear bumpers
- Superior: The highest level of stated-component coverage
- Secure Plus: Shortest waiting period (30 days or 1,000 miles)
- Secure: Basic and affordable powertrain coverage
- Select Premier: Designed for high-mileage vehicles with an odometer reading of over 200,000 miles
- EnduranceAdvantage™: Combines mechanical breakdown coverage with routine maintenance items
For more information, read our in-depth Endurance warranty review.
Our review team awarded CARCHEX the distinction of Runner-Up, Best Provider due to its comprehensive coverage options for used cars with up to 250,000 miles. The company’s excellent reputation among customers and industry experts doesn’t hurt, either.
This holiday season and through the end of the year, CARCHEX is offering $100 off any plan spanning five basic levels of vehicle protection. Simply go online and enter the coupon code “SAVE100” to take advantage of this offer. CARCHEX plans are as follows:
- Titanium: Exclusionary plan that covers most of a car’s systems and components
- Platinum: High-level stated component coverage that includes the car’s electrical components
- Gold: Best suited for high-mileage vehicles and covers all major car systems
- Silver: Covers only the most essential vehicle parts
- Bronze: Powertrain coverage for parts such as the engine, drive axle and transmission
Read our CARCHEX review for more details.
Protect My Car
Another place to turn for one of the best Back Friday and Cyber Monday auto warranty deals is Protect My Car, which we recognized in our industry review as the warranty company with the Best Financing.
While Protect My Car isn’t known for the best prices among top auto warranty providers, it offers other incentives. These include excellent long-term financing options and maintenance coverage for older cars with high mileage and other vehicles.
This holiday season, you can save up to $500 when purchasing a plan from Protect My Car. You can get significant savings on any of the three PMC warranty plans:
- Supreme: A stated-coverage plan that features more exclusions than a bumper-to-bumper warranty but covers most of the major parts and systems
- Select: Covers the same parts as the Supreme plan, excluding turbochargers and high-tech equipment
- Driveline: Covers essential parts (such as the powertrain) and major systems (such as the air conditioning) on cars between four and 10 years old with over 80,000 miles
For a closer look at the provider, read our full Protect My Car review.
What is an Extended Warranty?
An extended warranty, also known as a vehicle service contract, is a plan covering repair costs and specified components or parts. This type of warranty takes effect after the factory warranty on a new car expires, and it gives many drivers peace of mind knowing they won’t have to break the bank on vehicle repairs.
While an extended warranty from a manufacturer such as Kia, Nissan or Toyota guarantees the use of genuine parts and factory-trained technicians, a third-party provider like those mentioned above generally offers more customized coverage options. For example, instead of visiting a dealership for repairs, you can go to the mechanic of your choice.
Extended warranty providers typically offer a range of benefits, one of the most common being 24/7 roadside assistance. Vehicle protection levels range from bumper-to-bumper coverage to coverage for only the most essential car parts. The best coverage level for you will depend on your needs and preferences.
Are Extended Auto Warranties Worth It?
Extended car warranties can be worth it for many drivers. To put a price tag on peace of mind is impossible. Although extended warranties come at a cost, this cost can be less than the amount of money you would spend out-of-pocket on repairs not covered by a warranty. And if you’re looking to save money up front, Black Friday and Cyber Monday auto warranty deals can provide significant savings.
Our review team recently surveyed 1,000 consumers who bought or considered buying an extended auto warranty. We found that 41% of those surveyed felt satisfied with their extended warranty because it covered critical repairs. Meanwhile, 24% of respondents expressed satisfaction with their warranty company but had never filed a claim.
The Detroit Bureau collects data from every major car warranty provider to formulate rankings of the best warranty companies. Our in-depth rating system takes into account coverage, pricing, transparency, customer satisfaction and ratings from industry experts. Each provider is given a weighted score in five categories, as well as an overall score out of 10.0.
We recommend auto warranty companies based on these rankings, but we also encourage you to perform your own research and compare quotes to find the best coverage.