Please note that The Detroit Bureau and its partners may be compensated if you purchase the recommended services.
Every year, millions of dollars are spent on extended car warranties. Before purchasing an extended car warranty, wise consumers want to know which extended warranty companies have the strongest reputation.
In this guide, our review team highlights three top extended car warranty companies that stand out among their competitors on significant factors related to reputation.
- What Makes An Extended Car Warranty Company Reputable?
- Which Provider Is Best For Me?
What Makes An Extended Car Warranty Company Reputable?
There are several important factors our review team examines to evaluate the reputation of extended car warranty companies.
These factors include:
- Years in Business: It is hard for any company to stay in business for a long time. In fact, Inc. magazine estimates that 96% of businesses fail within 10 years. Extended car warranty companies with many years in the business are more likely to have good coverage plans and excellent customer service.
- Awards: Reputable extended car warranty companies often earn awards for their business growth, customer service, or treatment of their employees.
- Partnerships: Many companies seek partnerships with other companies and individuals to promote their brand. When an extended car warranty company is able to secure a notable partnership, it is a sign that the company carries a strong reputation.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) accreditation and rating: Many companies choose not to become BBB accredited because of the cost involved, but those that do demonstrate a strong commitment to business integrity. And, if the company received a high rating from the organization, that is icing on the cake.
Below, we highlight three provider picks from our review team, highlighting each company’s leadership in factors related to reputation.
A Baltimore, Maryland based provider, CARCHEX has been in business since 2004 and offers five different levels of warranty coverage: Titanium, Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
Our review team named CARCHEX our Best Provider for its industry leadership. Here are a few reasons why this provider stands out among its competitors.
- Awards: CARCHEX is an eight-time Inc. 5000 Hall of Fame honoree as one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S. CARCHEX was also awarded the Top Workplaces Award by the Baltimore Sun for seven consecutive years.
- Partnerships: CARCHEX holds partnerships with several auto industry leaders such as CARFAX, Edmunds.com, and Kelley Blue Book.
- Years in Business: CARCHEX has been in business for 20 years, which is much longer than most providers in the industry.
- BBB accreditation and rating: CARCHEX is BBB accredited and holds an A+ rating from the organization.
A Lake Forest, California based provider, autopom! offers four levels of warranty coverage. The company does not cover some luxury brands, such as Bentley, Rolls-Royce, or Ferrari.
Autopom! stands out among other providers for the following reasons:
- BBB accreditation and rating: autopom! holds accreditation from the BBB and an A+ rating from the organization.
- Customer service excellence: autopom! holds an “Excellent” rating on its Trustpilot profile and a 4.5 star rating on its BBB page. Autopom! Is a newer company in the industry so it hasn’t received as many reviews as other providers, but its customer review ratings so far are very impressive.
- Partnerships: According to its website, autopom! only works with administrators who are rated A+ by the BBB. This demonstrates a strong commitment to business integrity and excellence
Endurance is based in Northbrook, Illinois and has offered extended warranties since 2006. The provider offers five different coverage plans: Select Premier, Secure, Secure Plus, Superior, and Supreme.
Endurance was named Best Direct Service Provider by our review team for its excellent customer service, awards, and direct-to-customer business model.
A downside to Endurance is that the company is not BBB accredited or rated. However, the company’s awards, years in business, and partnerships speak to its excellent reputation as an extended car warranty provider.
Here are a few ways Endurance demonstrates leadership among its competition.
- Awards: Endurance appeared on the 2019 Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. The company also received a 2019 Stevie Award as a “Great Employer” for its impressive employee benefits.
- Partnerships: Endurance holds a partnership with Andretti Motorsports, one of the most successful auto racing companies in the world.
- Years in Business: Endurance has been in business for 13 years, making it one of the older companies in the industry.
- Direct business model: Endurance covers the entire warranty process itself for most of its plans without using third-party administrators.
Which Provider Is Best For Me?
CARCHEX, Endurance, and autopom! are all reputable extended car warranty companies who serve their customers well.
In order to decide which provider is the best fit for you, we recommend receiving a quote from each and also reviewing a sample contract on their respective websites.
You can also read more about each of these three top providers on our six best extended car warranties article.