After a tough set of sales results for automakers last month, zero percent financing appears to be coming back with a vengeance in October.
U.S. News & World Report released its “Best Deals” for the Columbus Day holiday and while just a few months ago, it was nearly impossible to find zero percent deals, some automakers must be ready to make a deal.
“September car sales were slow, and shoppers are in the driver’s seat for the remainder of 2019,” said Jamie Page Deaton, executive editor of U.S. News Best Cars.
“The best deals for Columbus Day offer a mix of no-interest financing and some jaw-dropping cash back offers. Choose the right car and get the right deal, and you’ll save thousands.”
Often the magazine’s best deals are a collective mix of leasing and buying options, for the holiday celebrating the man that kind of discovered America, it’s all about buying a vehicle. And the mix of available vehicles with either zero-percent interest or massive cash back is diverse.
The best Columbus Day deals include:
- 2019 Chevrolet Bolt: 0% financing for 72 months plus $2,500 bonus cash in many regions
- 2019 Chrysler Pacifica: 0% financing for 60 months plus up to $3,750 cash back, depending upon region or up to $5,500 cash back, depending upon region
- 2019 Ram 1500: 0% financing for 60 months plus up to $4,250 cash back, depending upon region or up to $7,250 cash back, depending upon region
- 2019 Nissan Altima: 0% financing for 36 months plus $4,000 cash back, depending upon region
- 2019 GMC Sierra 1500: 0% financing for 72 months plus up to $1,500 bonus cash, depending upon region or up to $6,000 cash back, depending upon model and region
- 2019 Lexus LC: $7,000 cash back
- 2019 Dodge Challenger: Up 7,970 cash back, depending upon model
- 2019 Kia Stinger: 0% financing for 75 months
- 2019 Hyundai Elantra: 0% financing for 72 months
If you’re not ready to pull the trigger to buy a new vehicle this weekend or you simply want to lease something later in the month, the 2019 Acura MDX can be had for $409 a month for 36 months with $2,999 due at signing.
Also, BMW is offering the 2019 X1 for $299 per month for 36 months with $4224 due at signing. The 2019 Hyundai Veloster is $169 a month for 36 months with $2,299 due at signing. Chevrolet, Honda and Fiat are also offering attractive leases through Halloween.
Deals listed are from manufacturers’ sites using representative zip codes. Deals may vary depending on location, the buyer’s credit score and other factors. Deals are valid through Oct. 31, 2019, according to manufacturers’ sites. In some cases, they extend through November 2019.